Menu

Meatloaf recipe?

Truscifi

I got this one from Clean Eating magazine a few years ago.  I hate meatloaf but my family loves this version so I make it fairly often. 

1 lb. lean ground turkey (I have also used ground beef or chicken - any meat is fine)

1/2 c. old fashioned quaker oats

1 large egg

3/4 c. salsa (any kind, any "heat")

2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce

1 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp. pepper

Mix the above together but use only 1/4 c. of the salsa.  Form into a loaf and top with remaining 1/2 c. salsa.  Bake 50-55 minutes at 350 degrees F.

The recipe calls for sautéing  1 c. onion and 3 cloves garlic and adding that to the mixture, but I find that the salsa is enough if you use a chunky type salsa.

• Like 1

At a recipe-themed bridal shower, my mother-in-law gave me her recipe for meatloaf, which is a key component of my husband's favorite meal (the other part being baked mac'n'cheese). It's one that her mother had taken from some magazine years upon years ago. I have yet to find a tastier meatloaf recipe, though I do often use a different, healthier one. I usually double it so we have leftovers.

1lb ground beef

1/8t pepper

1t sugar

3/4C uncooked oatmeal

1 egg

1C milk

1/4C mined onion (or a whole small onion, or however much you want to put in there)

1T catsup to mix in the meatloaf, plus extra to spread on top

1-1/2 t salt

Mix it all up, put it into a baking dish, put catsup on top (standard stuff here that I'm sure you know!). Bake at 375 for an hour or so.

• Like 1

We do:

1 pound of ground beef

1 chopped onion

1 egg

1/2-1 cup oats

2 T Worcestershire sauce if you have it

2 T ketchup

salt and pepper

Mix together and bake at 375 for about  45 minutes.  Then, if you'd like, combine:

1/4 cup ketchup

2-3 T of brown sugar

1 T dry/powdered mustard

Put on top and bake another 10-15 minutes.  

• Like 1

We use this recipe and just sub oats for the cream of wheat/rice/multigrains. It is soooo good.  The sage, nutmeg, and mustard taste so good. I double the spices and use all hamburger. Cream of rice is really easy to make in a Vitamix or similar blender. I do it often.

Fluffy Meatloaf

1 lb. ground beef 
1/2 lb. sausage 
1 cup milk 
1/2 cup Cream of the West 7-grain (uncooked) 
1 egg, beaten 
1/4 cup minced onion 
1/2 tsp. salt 
1/4 tsp. each pepper, dry mustard, sage, celery salt and garlic salt 
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce 

Piquant Sauce: Mix together 3 Tbsp. brown sugar, 1/4 c catsup, 1 tsp. dry mustard and 1/4 tsp. nutmeg. 

Heat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients thoroughly. Place in a 8 x 12 glass baking dish or loaf pan. Spread Piquant Sauce on top. Bake 1 1/2 hours. Serve hot or cold.