Menu

The new version of TWTM 2009 is this for real?

Lovedtodeath

Yes:001_smile:, it's real and I hope to buy it new. Since I only have the original and didn't buy the second one, I plan to but the next one just as soon as I have any spending money. Things do change--SWB even got lots of suggestions right from this board, and I'm guessing she had this new edition in mind. I try to buy something new from her from time to time (and I do every year for history) and only sometimes used to help support this board/forum I've garnered so much from.

That raises th question: How often should we re-purchase this tome?

In her blog SWB says most of the changes have to do with updating curriculum suggestions. I wonder if that couldn't be a much less expensive supplement one could buy from time to time?

Good question! I only purchased the last revision (2004?) this spring :blushing: I think the value in keeping an updated copy is that you can learn about the most current homeschooling resources. However, I don't see why this website and forum can not fill that need.

Guest Bethany

Ugh, seriously? My husband *just* bought me the revised and updated edition because I told him it was on my wish list. I can't see spending $40 again next year to get the newest. It would be nice, as a previous poster said, to have a supplemental brochure or booklet with all of the new curriculum suggestions, rather than having to get the whole book all over again.

I have the ORIGINAL version and only barrowed the newest from friends & the library. I WILL purchase this one. My ONLY SWB request and this is a request to ALL book publisher really..

*** When you UPDATE, REVISE a book, -- please change the cover picture! It just makes it easier for a crazy busy mom like me when I'm grabbing a book! :)

That raises th question: How often should we re-purchase this tome?

In her blog SWB says most of the changes have to do with updating curriculum suggestions. I wonder if that couldn't be a much less expensive supplement one could buy from time to time?

:iagree:

Unless there are major revisions to the plan, I'd do both. The big tome for those just starting out, and the supplement for the old hands.