Menu

What do you have planned for next year?

As I'm planning next year, got curious about what everyone else is using... 

All I know for sure with DD6:

- LiPS, then into Barton when she's ready

- Ronit Bird (Dot Patterns book, then C-Rods book)

Not sure about anything else.... 

You?

• Like 1

As I'm planning next year, got curious about what everyone else is using... 

All I know for sure with DD6:

- LiPS, then into Barton when she's ready

- Ronit Bird (Dot Patterns book, then C-Rods book)

Not sure about anything else.... 

You?

You might just add to that some SL read alouds or Djeco art kits that Timberdoodle recommends.  Anything Timberdoodle sells is fun and makes a good supplement.  I've got a rolling bin with books in it that we use for read alouds.  Nothing too particular, just a variety of things.  We read the Berenstein Bears science book the SL core uses.  He LOVED that.  A book Can You Find It? that has you study art looking for things in the pictures.  Very good for noticing the bits, vision skills, perserverance, etc.  We use ridiculous numbers of audiobooks...  He likes CHOW.  We've been doing some Kumon workbooks, especially mazes.

Next year?  Oy.  I need to work on prosody with him and learning to sing, so I found a couple programs for that.  His monotone (ASD) prosody is showing up when he reads aloud.  I got some materials from We Choose Virtues and am modifying them to use pictures of real kids, since the cartoon images mean nothing to him.  I'm hoping we can work through that, using our Bible flannelgraph to do the stories.  I keep meaning to get going on some geography.  I got some more workbook things to add to his day.  I think he needs to color some.  I got a fun origami kit so we could do one a day or something.  I got ELTL and *might* start that with him. More art and riddles and things to work on that metacognitive/EF stuff.  

In reality, his Barton, math, and social skills/Bible will take up so much time that basically there's only an hour a day for the rest.  Gotta be satisfied with effort in bits and the wonders of audiobooks.  I'm hoping to make more appear as audiobooks.

Dd I haven't sorted out yet.  We're in the thick of working on goals for summer.  Like very thick, in slides and bottles and microscopes and whatnot.  I'm hoping her fall will be a lot more interesting to her than her June is, lol.

• Like 1

My plans for DD13 are:

Language Arts: Barton Level 4 and 5 (possibly 6 if we get that far before next June)

Math: Math U See Delta (finally tackling division!!)

History: Our United States from Catholic Heritage Curricula (I'm hoping this 4th grade curriculum from a 'gentle' provider will be gentle enough for her, lol)

Science: Behold and See Science 4: Human Anatomy and Health (again, hoping that going back 3 grades AND in a gentle curriculum will be sufficient. We'll also be taking this very slow)

Speech/Language: I'm considering doing LMB's Visualizing and Verbalizing program with her to help with her vocabulary/comprehension (her language is at least 6 years below her age) and then tackling some of the LMB vocabulary workbooks to start building her expressive and receptive vocabulary.

Religion: Faith and Life 2 (hoping to get her prepared for her first communion/reconciliation so she and DS can do it at the same time and then she'll be all caught up on her sacraments)

I'm also hoping to get her back on swim team because I saw a big improvement in her ADHD with that rigorous exercise and it really kept her busy and tired her out in a good way so she wasn't bored :) We just moved so we'll see what I can find in our area. 

• Like 1

Plans for my 16 yo DD (mild ID):

World Geography: using--

Visits to Geography series from Simply Charlotte Mason https://simplycharlottemason.com/store/visits-to-geography-series/

in conjunction with literature set in various countries (ie. Charlotte in Giverny for France, Esperanza Rising for Mexico etc.)  I have literature projects and also some Bravewriter http://www.bravewriter.com/  dicatation/studies for most of the books.

Math:

I bought a subscription to http://www.education.com/  for help with time and also money.   We are  also still working through Explore Math 2 http://www.attainmentcompany.com/explore-math     and will add in Horse Lover's Math https://www.horseloversmath.com/  once we are done with Explore Math 2.

Spelling:

starting back with All About Spelling

Science:

Following the month activities from The Nature Companion http://www.amazon.com/The-Nature-Connection-Workbook-Classrooms/dp/1603425314/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1344170055&sr=8-1&keywords=the%20nature%20connection&tag=vglnk-c679-20     along with various literature selections based on what we're learning about

*We are switching between reading books set in various countries being studied and books related to our science studies*

also for science, she's going to do a Solar System unit from Spirited Autumn Hope http://spiritedautumnhope.com/

We're going to try and do a World Music study to go along with the geog.  but I am still trying to figure out how best to do that.

For now.. that's what I've got!

edited to add: just bought WriteShop E for use next year as well.

My plans for DD13 are:

Language Arts: Barton Level 4 and 5 (possibly 6 if we get that far before next June)

Math: Math U See Delta (finally tackling division!!)

History: Our United States from Catholic Heritage Curricula (I'm hoping this 4th grade curriculum from a 'gentle' provider will be gentle enough for her, lol)

Science: Behold and See Science 4: Human Anatomy and Health (again, hoping that going back 3 grades AND in a gentle curriculum will be sufficient. We'll also be taking this very slow)

Speech/Language: I'm considering doing LMB's Visualizing and Verbalizing program with her to help with her vocabulary/comprehension (her language is at least 6 years below her age) and then tackling some of the LMB vocabulary workbooks to start building her expressive and receptive vocabulary.

Religion: Faith and Life 2 (hoping to get her prepared for her first communion/reconciliation so she and DS can do it at the same time and then she'll be all caught up on her sacraments)

I'm also hoping to get her back on swim team because I saw a big improvement in her ADHD with that rigorous exercise and it really kept her busy and tired her out in a good way so she wasn't bored :) We just moved so we'll see what I can find in our area. 

I'm looking at some CHC stuff for next year, too!

O.k. plans are solidifying more now.

DD (sort of 9th grade):

World Geography (AGS World Geography Text coupled with Trail Guides to Geography and some of the supplements)

Math: depends on how it goes this summer

English I (Literature/IEW/Fix-it Grammar/Barton Reading and Spelling)

Typing (Typing Pal)

Science: Integrated Physics and Chemistry (still working on resources)

History:  Middle Ages (Veritas Press Self-Paced Middle Ages plus outside higher level reading with me)

Other:

CNN Student News

Photography (her choice)

Art (her choice)

Piano (her choice)

Sewing (her choice)

Student Council (two different co-ops - her choice)

4-H (her choice)

Still working on something for P.E.

DS 6 (will be 7 in fall), 2nd grade

Reading/spelling - OG with recipe for success, with more consistent daily work on spelling and sight word spelling. Also short LA supplements such as vocab cartoons, word ladders, maybe grammar; everything else read aloud, books on CD in car

Writing- Dianne croft (craft?) trial for writing exercises, HWT cursive, some keyboarding, mostly all copy work. Original sentences when able. Maybe brave writer for creative dictation.

Math - continue Singapore 2, dreambox

Science - RSO chemistry continued

Tech - lego wedo kit, maybe jr first lego league

Art- ugh? (Does drama class count?)

Music - music appreciation CD, guitar lessons

Social studies - random world countries every 2-3 weeks

Spanish - casual salsa Spanish watching and la class divertida watching during breakfast

Treatments- gymnastics and swim for PT, outside OT, home VT

Other - scouts and drama