Menu

Picture books about holidays for the PreK - 1st Grade crowd?

AimeeM

• 2 weeks later...

Gail Gibbons has a bunch of holiday books. Some better than others. I really like Thanksgiving Is... and The Night Before Thanksgiving by N. Wing is cute.

Memoria Press has holiday picture books listed in their K & 1st Grade Read Aloud Program.

We're catholic, but we've got the feast days and catholic specific holy & holidays covered pretty well (Catholic Mosaic book list), so pretty much just the typical "holidays". 

Which "holidays" are the typical ones? American public holidays?

My method for finding great children's books on any subject: Go to Amazon, go to the "children's books" section of the search function, then type "Halloween" or "Christmas" or "holidays" (or "dinosaurs" or "American Revolution" or whatever, for that matter) in the search bar. A TON of titles will come up in your search results. Select the ones that look interesting to you and read reviews if you care about reviews. From there, you can either buy the books or try to find all those titles at your library and put them on hold. It seems obvious, I guess, but I do this for everything and I always get great results and discover books I wouldn't have found otherwise. Good luck!