Menu

One of those days

Let me preface this by saying I love my children beyond all understanding.  Also I would not change them if I actually could.  That being said there are days (much like today) when it seems like turning them into "normal" children would make my life so much easier.  Both of my children are extreme children.  They are good kids over all and for that I am glad.  They just have this way of making the smallest thing into a huge thing and it wears me out.  The things they do within themselves are not worth getting annoyed about at all.  The problem is that all day they are doing these little things and some days I just want it all to stop.  I don't want to have to answer the 10 millionth (slight exaggeration) question about some idea that they have latched onto.  I don't want to hear them sing jiggly puff's song on repeat.  I don't want to have to deal with a complete meltdown that my daughter can not have graham crackers, saltines, AND animal crackers all for lunch.  I don't want to have to tell my son yet again that the dogs are just playing and it is okay that they play with each other rough because that is what dogs do.  I don't want to have to tell my son to do the small amount of work that has been sitting in front of him for forever instead of staring into outer space.  I REALLY don't want to have to deal with the extreme fit that comes from asking my son to practice piano.  This one really drives me nuts.  We have discussed him quitting piano because having him practice seems like some type of torture.  When I have brought that up to him though he ends up in tears not wanting to quit.  But when he doesn't want to practice he says he just wants to quit. I need all the emotions to just calm down.  All this roller coaster business is stressing me out.

I started to not actually post this, so if this seems like me just rambling then I am sorry.  I felt I needed to get it off my chest before I lost my temper on my children (again).  Thanks for "listening".

:grouphug:

Industrial quality noise reducing/canceling headsets was on my wish list.

I enjoyed my music lessons for piano and other instruments but there were times as a kid where I really loathe the practicing. Band practice and choir were easier because there were fellow sufferers. Flute and violin made me want to throw in the towel a few times despite wonderful teachers.

Never thought about putting on headphones!  That is definitely something to consider. 

For now I am just thrilled that the weather outside is beautiful!  Both kiddos are outside playing.... acting like any other kiddo their age. 

I think the biggest problem is that Spring Fever has hit! 

I think this time of year is hard. I decided to take May off except for the outside stuff that we couldn't reschedule, and that's helping a lot. I actually saw smiles and a relaxed kid today-which I haven't seen in awhile. And it's SO pretty outside right now (which I KNOW won't last).  Academics can pick up again when it's 100+ degrees with 99% humidity and no sign of rain!

The last two years I have finally got smart and we have pushed hard starting in January so that we finish for the year early. DD13 wrapped up English and science a few weeks ago, history last week and she has just three more lessons in math. We will be completely done this year before her sibs get home from college.

Ditching the academics makes spring tolerable here. She does her music, reads, goes outside and we play (not very educational) games.

Hang in there!

• Like 1

Totally understand. The highs and lows are huge here and it makes it hard.

Plus, my 4yr old just figured out how to whistle a few days ago. He is so annoying! And proud.

My other son digs holes in the back yard that are big enough to bury adults in. He does this in two evenings is the creepy part. Who has that kind of energy and determination for something that he's just going to get yelled at for digging and told to fill in?

Plus, my 4yr old just figured out how to whistle a few days ago. He is so annoying! And proud.

My other son digs holes in the back yard that are big enough to bury adults in.

Mine were so happy when they could finally whistle when they were 8. Took them many years to figure that out.

Maybe it is planting season for your other son :)

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for reminding me I am not alone.  This weekend was better.  We have pushed hard and plan to be done with his official school year this coming Friday so I am sure that will help.  He has already gotten where he doesn't have near as much going and that is definitely appreciated!