Menu

After living here for 20+ years.....I

lynn

have received a summons to jury duty.   I am actually looking forward to it.    I have only been called 5 times before the 1 year I lived in S Fl but I was a sahm and could never take it and, and get this they tried to summons me after I moved from that darn place.  I finally had to call and get the right person to let them know I had no intentions of living there ever again and to please stop the summons.  They stopped sending them.  The weird thing is that they were using my moms address AFTER I moved.

I'm really overdue to be called. It's usually every two years like clockwork. I think it's because the population of my city has gone up a little and crime has gone down a little that I've now made it four years. If I ever get called when I have time, I wouldn't mind being on a nice short trial. But twice I've been up for long ones - one that was predicted to be two months and another that had six months blocked off for it. Um, no thanks.

Serving on a grand jury for two weeks several years ago was a very educational experience for me. We heard over 100 cases and I gained a much greater appreciation for the risks the police face everyday. I also learned way more than I ever wanted to about illegal drugs.