Menu

Lilly (Pulitzer) line at Target...anyone try to go?

unsinkable

Well, I'm not a fashionista and I liked some of the Target pieces, I checked her site and liked her originals even more. I don't know that my 20 something self would have liked them but my 35 y.o. self thinks they would look cute on my younger self. My older self wishes her dresses were just a bit longer and wonders if I could pull one off. I wouldn't want a closet full of it but a cute dress for some date nights, yep, I think I could rock it :)

• Like 1

I have also never seen a woman under 60 wearing something like this and now people are lining up around the block for it. From my perspective, it looks like a trend. :)

Lilly has long been a good seller on eBay, with used shift dresses, skirts, and shorts in certain patterns bringing hundreds of dollars, and even damaged pieces selling for prices that make listing them worth the effort.  Many of those folks lining up at Target are likely to be planning to sell the limited edition pieces to collectors.  And it seems to be working for them.

• Like 1

If they are filling shopping carts they are probably planning on reselling them. Still yucky and greedy.

If they can't resell them for the exorbitant ebay prices they're hoping for, I'm sure most of these people kept their receipts.  So a lot of the items might start filtering back into Targets by the end of the return period.

Thing about ebay -- what you ask is not necessarily what you'll get.  You have to have a willing buyer.

In the first few days, there may be a few crazies who will pay, but that doesn't mean the trend will continue.

• Like 2

Funny story though -- my daughter's looking for a purse.  So we were at the Target site just before these things came out.  They were already advertising them.  And we thought, well, kind of cute, but why are they so expensive?  (And, I don't go to Target for expensive stuff....)

Didn't have a clue about the whole thing until I saw this thread.

Now that I know, I'll be scanning rummage sales for one of these items.  I'd like one now (cheap) just for the humor value.  I'm guessing next year sometime....