Menu

Suggest a book for me?

Whereneverever

I'm reading Unbroken now and find it to be an attention grabber.  I like biographies, so it's right up my alley.  The reading style is easy, but the subject matter can be heavy.

Or, Exiles by Ron Hansen.  It's listed as a novel, but I find it reads more like a biography.  It's an intertwining story of Gerard Manly Hopkins and a notorious shipwreck off the coast of England.  It has heavier content, but an interesting story.

Or, A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson.  It's a funny retelling of his hiking adventure along the Appalachian Trail with an equally out-of-shape friend.  It weaves the story of his hike with facts about the areas he hikes through.  He has a great sense of humor!

There are quite a few C.S. Lewis books available on Kindle unlimited: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p_n_feature_nineteen_0?fst=as%3Aoff&rh=n%3A133140011%2Ck%3AC.s.+Lewis%2Cp_n_feature_nineteen_browse-bin%3A9045887011&keywords=C.s.+Lewis&ie=UTF8&qid=1428788734&rnid=9045886011

Also, Chesterton's Orthodoxy is a great read, although it's in the public domain and so free on Kindle for everyone ;).

I just started Francis Schaeffer's Escape from Reason and it's very interesting.   Have you read any Tim Keller?  His The Reason for God, Counterfeit Gods, and Generous Justice are 3 of his I really liked, along with the one on marriage (which I think any believer should read, married or single).