Menu

No sleep, long day tips?

Carrie12345

I could not sleep last night.  I think I managed 3 hours.  Now I need to get through a long day that always makes me sleepy even when I've had a good night's sleep.

Any great tips for getting through the next 12 hours?

I will get a chance or two to take a walk in the fresh air, but it will be with a 4yo.

Don't be concerned about skipping carbs, just save them for dinner when things start winding down and it's OK to get sleepy. That's easier than skipping them for the day. My husband says (and he should know!) to pick up one of those 5 hour energy things.

This won't be helpful now, sorry. But if I know I have a big day the following day and I anticipate sleep problems or find myself up and not able to fall asleep, I'll take a teaspoon of children's Benedryl to make sure I can function the next day. Best taken before 2 am or so.

For today, I hope you get a chance to elevate your feet at some point. On long days when I'm tired and can't get a real rest, I find it helps. 

If you can 1-2 powernaps today (these are naps of less than 20 minutes, so that you don't enter deep sleep).

If you can before lunch, a long nap of 90min-2hrs.  Don't do it after lunch, or you'll mess up sleep for tonight.  And long means at least 90 minutes, so that you can finish a sleep cycle.  If you don't have a chance to finish the sleep cycle, you'll actually wake feeling worse, not better.

:grouphug: