Menu

Maybe I should act like a 4 year old

M&M

We started school today :glare:. My 4 yo whined all day long, my 1st grader is not interested in school, my 2 yo would like to be held all day long, my 4th grader is ...well an almost 10 yo boy ..nuf said?...

I know we should not start school the morning after getting home late from a trip, you'd think I would know better.

I spent part of my weekend planning school while the family went to the beach and played mini golf...why do I feel like I spent hours planning so that we could accomplish NOTHING!!

The homeschool in my head works so much better in my head than irl. The day ebbs and flows, learning happens during the day ...robins perch on my finger and sing songs..ok, sombody slap me I'm losing it :lol::lol:!

Ya think Michelle Duggar would fly up to NJ and teach me how to make it all work?!!

I SO understand how you are feeling. My 9 yo ds flipped out over math this morning taking hours to complete something he understands. My 6 yo ds has cried over every. little. thing. And my 4yo dd has screamed every time someone goes near what she is playing. Amazingly, my 2 older dd have done their work quietly. So, not much accomplished here today and my nerves are frazzled. Hopefully, for both of us, tomorrow will be a better day.

:grouphug:

You could try it, but you'd get sick of the repetitiveness in very short order. Whine, whine, pout. Whine, whine, pout. At least that's how it is here, and my main perp is the nine year old girl!

Today she threw a huge and very long hissy fit because I asked her to help bring vegetables into the house when we got home from the farm. And then when she had the fit I told her she could clean out the whole van, and that resulted in more fitfulness. Unflippinbelievable, I tell you.

And school starts on Thursday.

And I'm not totally ready.

Lots o'Circa punching must happen between now and then.

So in other words, I'm feeling your pain and will be here Thursday night saying very similar things. Oh the joy!

You could try it, but you'd get sick of the repetitiveness in very short order. Whine, whine, pout. Whine, whine, pout. At least that's how it is here, and me main perp is the nine year old girl!

Today she threw a huge and very long hissy fit because I asked her to help bring vegetables into the house when we got home from the farm. And then when she had the fit I told her she could clean out the whole van, and that resulted in more fitfulness. Unflippinbelievable, I tell you.

And school starts on Thursday.

And I'm not totally ready.

Lots o'Circa punching must happen between now and then.

So in other words, I'm feeling your pain and will be here Thursday night saying very similar things. Oh the joy!

Too bad you don't live close enough to run away for a few hours and indulge in something yummy, and totally fattening!

Ok, tell me about the farm...what farm? I LOVE FARMS!!

Too bad you don't live close enough to run away for a few hours and indulge in something yummy, and totally fattening!

Ok, tell me about the farm...what farm? I LOVE FARMS!!

Ohhhh, don't I wish we could!!

You know, we could probably meet halfway sometime, though. I'm thinking that a trip to Trader Joe's is in order pretty soon. Do you know where the northern one is? Hmmm.....

The farm that we went to today isn't our usual farm. Today we went to the one that Gretchen (in NJ) belongs to. She's away and was gracious enough to let us have her share this week. We belong to a different farm, but we're splitting a Family Share with some friends and this isn't my week to go to our regular one. It's a CSA (Community Sustainable Agriculture) so we pay an annual fee and then we get lots of fresh organic produce between May and early November.

I got lots of great stuff today. It was fun checking out someone else's farm! :001_smile:

Glad to see I'm not alone. We too got back from a trip yesterday, and had a rough day of school today. The baby woke up sick, and that totally changed our plan for the day. Then 8yo ds decided to whine about having to do math...ugh. Let's just say tomorrow is another day! I'm right there with you. :grouphug: