Menu

ugh, baking fail

hornblower

I made blueberry muffins, using my regular recipe for vegan muffins. Everything was going wonderfully. I packed it in the little paper cups & shoved them in the oven.

Then I licked the spoon.

I've forgotten the sugar. :banghead:

moral of the story: always taste the batter before placing in pan

• Like 2

I am impressed by you managing to get them into the oven before licking the spoon. I *never* make it that far. Usually I've had multiple licks (on different spoons, before you get grossed out) before I even finish the ingredients. 

• Like 1

Oh, no!  And then you have to scrape it all out, wash the pan, re-grease the pan, add the ingredient, and OVERMIX to get the missing ingredient in there!  I hate that.  Can you tell I have done that sort of thing more than once?  :glare:

I forget the baking powder in biscuits about 50% of the time. So annoying! I've got the recipe in my head, so I'm usually mindlessly making them. I'm always paranoid about forgetting the salt and then end up forgetting the baking powder. Lots of sugar and cinnamon on top for a crumble maybe?

Glad it worked out! :hurray:

It's good to have a good poker face and a gullible family when that sort of thing happens. ;)

"They're called scuffins, and they looked so good when Martha Stewart baked them on her TV show that I wanted to make some right away." (Said with a sincere-looking smile.)

• Like 4