Menu

Supercharged Science Ultimate Science Curriculum

Has anyone used these DVD's? Dd loves experiments and science overall-me not so much. I am thinking of using Magnetism and Electricity for next year. I would love the online program but it just so expensive.

Did you like them? Did you need to supplement with additional reading materials? Any info appreciated.

I love the look of it, but my DS is only six and I know this would be way over his head.  

When I was poking around on the site and signing up for the free samples I was offered better and better discounts and more free stuff.  I kind of felt like it was a home shopping show... but wait if you buy now...

• Like 1

I love the look of it, but my DS is only six and I know this would be way over his head.

When I was poking around on the site and signing up for the free samples I was offered better and better discounts and more free stuff. I kind of felt like it was a home shopping show... but wait if you buy now...

I felt the same!! But wait...there's more! Haha

It is too advanced for my kids but I might come back to it later. Looks like a great program

• 3 months later...

I have used some of the Ultimate Science dvds and my kids and I love them. The video lessons are relatively short for each experiment. She goes into a good amount of theory at a level that kids can understand.  There is a pdf of experiments to print out with some extra notes.

Last year I had a 7 and 11 year old doing the videos - they decided they don't like to do them together so they are doing different dvds. My 7 year old is very independent with it all - he watches the dvd on the computer, pauses, goes back to see all the steps and hear all the information. He then comes to me and tells me a list of things he needs for his experiment. I have a huge supply of hands on science stuff so I have most of it. (I go through the experiment supplies when I first get the dvd and decide if I need to buy anything else.)

My kids have been fairly independent and have done most of it on their own. I teach tons of science in co-op and I'm learning from the dvds as well. I think they are full of good information and much better hands-on experiments than you get elsewhere.

I haven't tried to correlate the experiments with any reading - we do lots of science reading as well.

(I happen to have the light dvd for sale as my kids have both finished that one.)

• Like 1

I have only used the subscription service.  I thought the experiments were fantastic.  But I was frustrated by the long supply lists and it became very expensive.  So my guess with the ultimate stuff is that it's probably worth the money if it comes with most of what you need because all those supplies do add up. It's more than I want to spend though.

• 1 month later...

yes, I find the customer service not so responsive when trying to figure out her options for membership

we tried the online science this summer which was great, very crafty for my daughter who likes to cut stuff, tape stuff and glue stuff, so that was an unexpected bonus

I must have signed up for some dvd's to preview because they seem great, but I'm really unsure now what programs they are a part of.

I really enjoy the program though and will probably try her e-science program this school year.