Menu

Let's live in each other's houses--literally!

moonlight

Wouldn't it be cool to exchange houses with someone over the summer break or next winter or spring break? I live in Abu Dhabi, UAE with my husband and 3 kids. We would love to spend a summer anywhere in the world (The US and Canada are fine, but elsewhere would be better)that won't be too hot. Anywhere from 2-5 weeks would probably work for us. We live in the subarbs of Abu Dhabi and you would have to rent a car to get to most places although the bus stops are plentiful and taxis are cheap! You can get all the way to the Corniche (as far as you can go on the island for about 20 USD. Most things are closer than that though. We have a live in helper who is spectacular and can cook most dishes. She is an expert at Indian/Pakistani and Arabic dishes. She cooks lasagna and many other American dishes as well! I realize that most people don't have live in help, but I thought I would throw that out there to make this more tempting.

Of course, the only caveat is that I am hesitant to exchange houses with strangers. I thought it would be fun to become friends with people on Facebook with the intention of getting to know them (as much as you can through Facebook anyways!! :-) ) and see if a house exchange is possible at some point in the future. Does this sound interesting to you?? You can message me here or privately..At this point, I just want to make connections and see if a house exchange is possible at some point. No commitments on anybody's part. Just want to get to know people...

???

What a super cool idea!  I hope you get a ton of responses.  It would be completely cool to house swap with another homeschooling family.  

We are in the US, near DC, and probably not where you are hoping.  Plus, I'm not confident that we could safely navigate DS's allergies (even flying on domestic flights has caused a reaction), but man, oh man, if we lived in a location you'd like and we could do it with DS - I'd be super excited!  

:lol: about the live-in help.  We have a weekly housekeeper, not quite the same appeal though!  

Watching your thread and pulling for you to find a great network of house swappers!

You guys are funny! My ideal vacation involves the middle of nowhere! Now, what I mean by that is a lot of greenery, mountains, woods, rolling hills. Anything green really. We are seriously feeling deprived. We've lived here for the last 5 years and sand and ocean get old after a while! :-) And the heat is MISERABLE here in the summer. I should have thrown that out there as a disclaimer, but it's a time when most people get time off so ....

You should offer your accommodations on air B&B, or get involved with Couchsurfing . Com. I would not consider ever arranging this privately thru FB "friends." There's too much potential to be scammed.

You should offer your accommodations on air B&B, or get involved with Couchsurfing . Com. I would not consider ever arranging this privately thru FB "friends." There's too much potential to be scammed.

Guys, I'm going to agree with this. Go through an established agency. Informal online connections are just NOT safe.

SWB