Menu

Pre-Algebra apps/games

In fact, you should play it too! It will help you review algebra. But more importantly, it will give you the same vocabulary to talk about it and relate the textbook math to Dragonbox terms. I've done this many times where I'll be like, imagine this is a Dragonbox problem and I draw it out with little tiles and bubbles and... voila! It becomes clear.

Dragon box definitely is great.  So is Hands On Equations, though, and I think helps things gel better, at least for kinesthetic learners.  I love both. HOE is usually at Homeschool Buyer's Co-op for a reduced price and comes with a DVD to help teach it.  Awesome program and a lot more engaging than a worksheet.  If you can, get both.

Appreciate all the feedback. DD wants to step up her math so she can go deeper into astronomy and physics, but I can tell she's a little apprehensive about trying something new. She's a bright math student and learns quickly but isn't really working ahead of grade level at the moment. I'm hoping something like this can help her get her feet wet and help me evaluate how quickly we can move forward. Thanks!!!