Menu

Our house is officially on the market

AimeeM

We spent all weekend, all day yesterday, and I spent all morning scrubbing and packing away anything "extra" or "clutter". We rented a storage unit about a mile away. I spent all morning this morning using acetone to scrub nail polish off DD's hardwoods (she is NEVER allowed to use nail polish in a bedroom again - ever; the boys have a similar "never" attached to crafts... by God, whatever I have to do, they will have a craft room in the BASEMENT).

I'm worn out. The realtor came and took pictures. Warned us that he expected a number of showings, and quickly, put his sign up, had us sign papers (not in that order), and left.

We're going to get the stager out in the mean time, I think, just to see if she sees anything we *don't*. The realtor is putting in our contingency bid on the other new build we have our eye on (they already said that they would accept a contingency, as long as our home was on the market).

This is happening and this is real. I'm sad. We want/need a larger home, but I do love this house. It's cozy and I'll miss everyone here. Seeing the sign in the front yard makes it all so real.

Good luck! We're about to list ours, too. But we've already moved into the new house. We've been doing a lot of work on the old house getting ready to sell, and I feel sad every time I go over there. It was a great house for us for 10 years and now it looks the best it ever has. But good things are in store! I hope you get the house you want!