Menu

Do you play the CVS Game?

A couple of my friends just turned me on to this. It is pretty cool, I have to say. I went there tonight and my order came to $58. After adding up instore savings and some coupons I clipped, I paid $28 for the stuff. But it gets better: the computer printed out $17 worth of Extra Care Bucks for me. So now I can go back, buy many of the same things again (getting them for free) and getting even more ECB. It's very cool. And I only bought things that I needed and would've bought anyway (well, except the Corn Pops, but I had a coupon and they were on sale and about twice a year I splurge and buy cereal for my kids to eat as a snack or dessert.)

Here's a more thorough explanation.

I played the game quite actively a couple of years ago. Now it's in an really inconvenient location for me (about 20 miles away, and even then, in a part of town I never frequent), so I don't do it much anymore. I tried for a while, but my trips were infrequent enough that my Bucks tended to expire before I got over there. (I hear you can call their 800 number and they will reinstate any expired Bucks, but I've never gotten up the nerve to try it.);)

It's great fun, though. I can't tell you how much toothpaste and shampoo I still have on hand! I keep wishing I had a more legitimate reason to get over to that part of the world -- can't quite justify it for CVS alone.

glitteryourway895b91d5hk3.gif

You are too funny! Hey, are you all ready for tomorrow?

You probably won't see this since you are ignoring me, but your blog needs updating. I was going to add you to my super cool blogroll, but you need to be more consistent if you want to be on my blog.

What's happening tomorrow? Am I invited?

Okay, put me back on ignore.

Funny, anj, I was going to post this question b/c I was just turned on to the CVS game, too! So far this summer, I've spent almost $80, but gotten over $500 in products! We are set for shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrushes, etc. My mother just got her card and gave me one of the keyring cards to keep since she doesn't shop CVS very often. So, now I'm working 2 cards...just got the Advil deal and CG Wetslicks on her card. I have 8 ECBs to roll on my card and over 17 on my Mom's! Today, I spent about $16 and got over $60 in products...lots of free makeup! Yippe! For those looking to start playing the CVS game, check out these websites:

http://www.iheartcvs.com

http://www.hotcouponworld.com

http://www.afullcup.com

Just a few that will teach you the ins and outs and how to save some big time money buying things you need anyway!

Oh, and Walgreens and Rite Aid have their own "game". For instance...at Walgreens yesterday...I purchased 6 bottles of Garnier shampoo/Cond. for .99 per bottle using in store coupons and mfg coupons. Best part? I qualify for the Sept. rebate of buy $20 in Garnier products, get $10 in rebate! So, Walgreens basically paid me $3 to buy 6 bottles of shampoo/cond. My dh is thrilled w/ my savings so far!

www.iheartcvs.com

www.hotcouponworld.com

www.afullcup.com

Just a few that will teach you the ins and outs and how to save some big time money buying things you need anyway!

Woohoo!! That's great!!!

I saw something about Walgreens on another site. I just cannot do two games at once. But I am really excited about making CVS work for me. I'm hoping to be able to get a lot of things there each month and thus save my grocery money for um, well, groceries.

This is really, really fun, but it's not a good idea for me to get all wrapped up in it the week when school is starting and I'm still not totally ready! Argh!

Actually, I hardly ever get there, and I'm afraid I'll forget my extra bucks, so I was brave one time and asked this guy there who likes me (he is 19 and asked me out! I freaked out and told him he could be my kid, he asked me how old my kid was, I said 9, he said he wasn't THAT young, I decided he was too stupid to live and wondered how he could remember to breathe, but he is nice to me ;) ), and he said you can use them on a separate order, just pay twice--long tale, sorry!

Anyway, I buy half, get my extra bucks, buy the other half! Works so well :)

Julie in AZ (:seeya:Julie!!) got me started. But I tend to buy things I don't need, just to get to $25 (so I can save $5) or if I get a coupon for something I don't need (say, candy), I buy anyway. I think I'm probably the kind of shopper they're hoping to get... :lol:

Hi Lee! I got 3 free lipsticks this week. ;)