Menu

I sniff dough.

I'm not a big fan of bread, really. Carbs, in general, are not my thing, and I can't stand pastry.

But ever since I started using Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day, I can't stop sniffing the bread dough. It smells so good, especially right after I mix up the week's batch. I must have stopped to smell the bread dough six or seven times today!

Am I crazy? Well, no need to answer that. I mean, does anyone else like to smell their dough?

I'm not a big fan of bread, really. Carbs, in general, are not my thing, and I can't stand pastry.

But ever since I started using Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day, I can't stop sniffing the bread dough. It smells so good, especially right after I mix up the week's batch. I must have stopped to smell the bread dough six or seven times today!

Am I crazy? Well, no need to answer that. I mean, does anyone else like to smell their dough?

I'm the least domestic person you'll probably ever meet and I love it, too. :D

OMG, I take it that i need to look up the Artisan Bread cookbook??

Yes. Where have you been? It is all waxwing's and PlaidDad's fault.

I make the dough on Sunday, then we have fresh bread all week in . . . well, five minutes a day! Or fresh pizza and cinnamon rolls and garlic bread, if you have kids like mine.

noise.jpg

la la la.... someone is mumbling about a food I can no longer make.... won't listen, can't listen. la la la....:lol::lol::sad:

I have only recently become a breadmaker- I use a recipe that involves long fermentation so that it is easier to digest- and the kids and I have been handmaking bread in bulk. I not only sniff the dough, I absolutely LOVE the feeling of handkneading the dough, especially when I put coconut oil in it. It just is such a wonderful texture, smooth, soft, but with bite! I am addicted.

Okay, that's it. I'm going to have to get this Artisan Bread book.

The smells of rising dough and freshly baked bread are divine.

Yes, do it. Especially with fall and winter coming. I baked Artisan bread this morning for an outdoor Eucharist and Baptism service (it was 43 degrees F) ~ it was wonderful and still warm when I brought it. I can't tell you how much this book has changed my life.

~Dana