Menu

What's your favourite King Arthur?

Sally Day

Our boys all cut their teeth on the Jim Weiss audio CD: "King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table." Simply fantastic.

This...I know it is not a book with illustrations, but this Jim Weiss CD is fantastic...It is a favorite here...Even if you do find a lovely book, this version of King Arthur and his Knights is not to be missed 😊

Loved the online samples of the Jim Weiss CD. Has anyone got the Howard Pyle or Roger Lancelyn Green books?

Used the Roger Lancelyn Green together with Memoria Press Lit guide. Very good, but not for age level that OP indicates, more like 9-12 range.

The Sword in the Stone by T.H. White is on heaps of 'must read' lists.

Because it must be read.

My girl regularly rereads it and chuckles and shares bits each time.

IMHO,the rest of the Once and Future King set get drier, but this one is great to find while still younger.

We suffered through Green's version ths year (11yo). I really enjoy the stories of KA and I'm sure DS would too, but wow was this book dull. Really insufferably dull. Hopefully I'll find a better one eventually or he'll never believe me that's it's worth reading.