Menu

act math prep?

MAIMOM

I am not sure where to post this question. My DD needs help preparing for the Math section of the ACT. We have several test prep books and pretests... What I am looking for is an online math act prep class....does anyone know of something like that? She has been strong in math and was scheduled to take pre cal in 10th grade but with our move she did not take a math. Then we moved and she already had the math she needed to graduate this May. Now we realize she has not had math in 3 years.....help appreciated.

The Potter's School offered a SAT math prep course last summer.  The summer 2015 schedule isn't listed on their website, but you can look at last summer's listing for details.  The class ran from about mid-June through the beginning of August and cost $239. 

Landry Academy offers an ACT/SAT math prep course in the summer.  They have two summer sessions; the first runs from May 11-29 every day and the second runs June 8-26 every day.  The cost is $226.

I can't tell you anything more about these classes, because my children have never taken them.  I hope you will get some more comments from others here.

Other sources (not classes, but videos) that might be helpful are Khan Academy and FreeTestPrep.com.  On FreeTestPrep.com, your daughter can do small sets of ACT math questions.  After she submits her answers to the questions, her total right and wrong will display.  For each wrong answer, a video is given showing the steps taken to solve the problem. 

Hope this helps!

Homeschool Buyer's Co-op has the Kaplan online ACT prep on a group buy right now:

https://www.homeschoolbuyersco-op.org/kaplan-sat/?c=1

It covers everything, not just math, but at $50 for 6 months access, it's pretty affordable. I like that it is supposed to assess the student and concentrate on weak areas, rather than just working through everything at an equal pace.