Menu

Guess who's hand I got to shake this afternoon...

SARAH PALIN.

We managed to get next to the rope line near the stage entrance. Just as they were getting on the bus, Governor Ridge (with whom I was making small conversation) pulled her aside to come meet us. Of course she went right toward my 6 month old and asked about all my kids. I, in turn gushed all over her, telling her how I'm so excited that she's on the ticket and I can't wait to cast my vote for the first woman VP. Her husband and youngest daughter were standing right next to her. He's hot and the daughter is adorable and very well mannered. The teen daughters were in the bus with the baby since it was his nap time.

Oh yea, and the McCains were there to ;)...

It was a great moment and worth the four hours standing out in the sun. About 8 thousand at the event - a very excited crowd. Great day!

SARAH PALIN.

We managed to get next to the rope line near the stage entrance. Just as they were getting on the bus, Governor Ridge (with whom I was making small conversation) pulled her aside to come meet us. Of course she went right toward my 6 month old and asked about all my kids. I, in turn gushed all over her, telling her how I'm so excited that she's on the ticket and I can't wait to cast my vote for the first woman VP. Her husband and youngest daughter were standing right next to her. He's hot and the daughter is adorable and very well mannered. The teen daughters were in the bus with the baby since it was his nap time.

Oh yea, and the McCains were there to ;)...

It was a great moment and worth the four hours standing out in the sun. About 8 thousand at the event - a very excited crowd. Great day!

Oh, how awesome was that! I'm just a little green with envy. :D

So, would you say that this has energized the Republicans?

Oh, how awesome was that! I'm just a little green with envy. :D

So, would you say that this has energized the Republicans?

That there was ALOT more "Sarah" chanting than "McCain" chanting. She definitely has a way of talking to a crowd and yet making each person feel as if they're the only one in the room.

An interesting tidbit that I know since my dh was a volunteer...they were originally only expecting a couple thousand to the event. After yesterday's announcement however, they more than doubled the size of the crowd. It was standing room only and there were people who never got in. All good.

Cool! She's coming to Tampa on September 8th...my 15 ds is upset that he has cross country practice and won't be able to go. I think I may head over with my younger two...probably won't get to shake her hand, though! I'm glad you had a great time and that there was an enthusiastic crowd. My ds 15 also wants to help work on the campaign now...I am ready to volunteer now, too!

Great story! I hope you were able to get some pictures!

how cool! I live in MI and I'm hoping they'll stop near here. McCain did a townhall about 10 min away back in Jan or Feb but I was (still am) a huge Fredhead and didn't want to go. I'm still not terrible thrilled with McCain himself but I am loving Sarah Palin!

Here's a nice review of this morning's talk shows Summed up as They don't know what hit them. Love it!