Menu

Cinnamon rolls in a crockpot?

StephanieZ

I have been in the midst of home renovation since February, and although my kitchen is nearing completion, there is some fault with the newly installed ovens, so I'm not certain we'll have working ovens by Christmas. We ALWAYS have home made cinnamon rolls (and lots!!) on Christmas morning. At this point, my plan is to make batches and batches in our (fairly large compared to other ones) toaster oven . . . Less than ideal!!

I am wondering, has anyone ever made cinnamon rolls in a crockpot?? Is it possible??? (These must be home made yeast roll based cinnamon rolls. No Pillsbury anything!)

Or, any similarly delicious baked breakfast treats in a crockpot?? (I might be able to get away with fewer toaster oven batches of cinnamon rolls if I have a second treat in a crockpot . . .)

Thanks!!

We have a grill. And we have a giant smoker. I wonder if we could make them in the smoker? How do you make them on the grill?

You can a lot in the smoker. My friend does cakes, Mac n cheese and all kinds of things.

I use a thick pan on the grill. Temp is around 325. They come out really good as long as you pay attention and don't get distracted.