Menu

Frustrating price match issue

unsinkable

They had a book at Target for full price that I know is cheaper on amazon.

The clerk couldn't find it on amazon. I don't have a smart phone so I couldn't show her but it is $9 cheaper.

She said she had to look it up by ISBN because those had to match.

It is a new book so I can't understand how the ISBN numbers would be different at Target.

I was thinking, "just put in the title" and then check the ISBN number. Wouldn't that be easier? Instead of trying to type in a 10 digit number?

I didn't know about Target price matching either. Thanks for the info!

So was the clerk able to figure it out? Sometimes people make things harder than they need to.

No. She showed me the amazon page where she put in the number and it read *Item not found* or somesuch saying.

She was snippy from the moment I asked and I just didn't want to push. 

It was something I wanted for myself; a want, not a need so I figured I'll just keep checking it out of the library!

Is this one of those annoying situations where a manufacturer makes an equivalent but oh so slightly different version for different retailers so everybody feels special and no retailer has to price match? I noticed that when looking at chest freezers.

it's a book. a new one so I don't understand how there can be 2 different ISBN numbers so quickly.

She said she had to look it up by ISBN because those had to match.

It is a new book so I can't understand how the ISBN numbers would be different at Target.

I was thinking, "just put in the title" and then check the ISBN number. Wouldn't that be easier? Instead of trying to type in a 10 digit number?

The only reason I can think of with the ISBNs not matching is if it's a hardcover vs softcover book. However, Walmart and Target ISBNs don't always match on the same items, so who knows. 

If it had been me (I've worked retail and had to do this a lot), I would have definitely checked for the title first, then double checked the ISBN. 

I would request a manager to assist next time. I don't like snippy people who act like I'm stealing from them, especially when I'm only taking advantage of an advertised money-saving option.