Menu

Edmodo -- anyone using this at home?

Alessandra

I should also say that we are not that crazy about the system. This is our third year and it gets worse each year. :(

I would love to know why. Ds's school does not use Edmodo, just one teacher does, so I have minimal experience as a parent. Websites always make things sound so good :-(

I was brainstorming and wondering if there were a way that a student could get all his/ her assignments automatically delivered (in a school situation).

Right now, in our family, we use paper planners and iStudiez, but iStudiez requires someone to enter info or copy/paste manually.

What made it horrible?

I could have been just the way they were using it.  The teachers posted assignments to this thing that was like a Facebook feed.  It seemed quite disorganized.  There were other annoyances that I think I'm blocking out right now.

In theory it's good. I think it's just not cut out to be customizable. Or maybe if you could utilize all their training things would make more sense.

I don't have issues with getting assignments through it. And we take quizzes with it. But on the teacher side, it's just not intuitive.

I'm having a hard time describing it. We don't love it. And if we could find something else we'd likely switch. But it's hard to beat free.