Menu

PreK math similar to right start.

MistyMountain

You can take RightStart at your own pace. If the lessons are too long, set a timer and quit. If they cover too much ground, stop and play a game. Play lots of games. No math game playing will be regretted in the future!

Get the RightStart math games book, or the early family math book (though I didn't like it, some people do) and alternate lesson days with game days. You've essentially halved the speed.

We used A as a PreK math last year in a co-op setting. The kids ranged in age from barely 4 to 6. They were taught two lessons per week and had another 10-15 minutes of game playing two days a week. Some parents re-inforced at home. We got through about 50 lessons over the course of the year. About a third of the kids mastered the material, but that is OK because they will be having kindergarten math this year. For my daughter who was in the co-op, I opted to go straight on to RightStart B but to take it slowly. It is working out well. She was in the middle, both in age and mastery.

Signed,
A RightStart Fan

• 2 weeks later...

Third vote for Rightstart at a slow pace. I did Rightstart B starting at 4 years old with my son. I did mix in MEP and Miquon for about 6 months trying to figure out which one would be the best fit. I dropped MEP, and did Rightstart B with Miquon over 2 years. I really do like all 3, but Rightstart was the best fit for us at the time.