Menu

Self-education accountability: week beginning November 10th

Pegs

Where are all the self-edders with the inspiring quotes? I'm just not that resourceful!

This week I shall:

- wait for my compass to show up in the post

- complete chapters 5 and 6 of Intro to Algebra

- Read the first two Kitchen Table Math books to try to figure out where DS is at

- Learn some Danish Christmas songs

Reviewed Latin verbs and did some Algebra today. I plan to spend the evening writing, so long as I'm able to. We've been dealing with the vomiting bug this week, and I'm pretty much in decontamination mode and trying to survive as the lone healthy person in the house. 

I'm planning to do a bit of calculus this week.  I also have some sewing projects that need doing.  And with self-care, I need to quit drinking cokes (again).

Tawlas - are you doing the Fulvia group on the LatinStudy list?  I'm planning to join the new group that will start up in January.  I've already done a few chapters in Wheelock's, but I want to participate in one of the groups on there, so I'll just do a little review each week as I submit my responses, until the group catches up to where I am.

I'm planning to do a bit of calculus this week. I also have some sewing projects that need doing. And with self-care, I need to quit drinking cokes (again).

Tawlas - are you doing the Fulvia group on the LatinStudy list? I'm planning to join the new group that will start up in January. I've already done a few chapters in Wheelock's, but I want to participate in one of the groups on there, so I'll just do a little review each week as I submit my responses, until the group catches up to where I am.

Yes I am! love the one chapter a week, I've made SO much progress. But as a heads up, it's hard!! Not so much the vocabulary and translations themselves, but just letting it all sink in and go from short term to long term memory. We're starting the new group Ritchie C on November 30-ish and I'm looking forward to it!

I figured you were in Fulvia when I saw you mentioning the change of pace midway through the text. :)  I had actually done pretty well with a chapter-a-week pace alongside my friend, through chapter 8, before my friend's son died and the whole world was turned upside down.  I am wanting to get myself back on track with Latin, but I don't know whether she is interested in continuing with our Latin work or not.  If she is, I can work with her and just submit my answers for the collations with the group on the list.  If not, I can do the work on my own but still have the accountability from the group.  

All right, I need to get back in the saddle with math.  I need to work ahead in the Algebra book that Shannon is using - actually work the problems, not just read the lessons.  

I also need to get back on track with exercising - I was really sick for a week and I'm having trouble getting the consistent habit of exercising daily re-started.

I finally made it through the halfway point of Don Quixote! Whew!

Dealing with sickness here myself and with the kids, but think we're through now. I'm seeing a trend with sickness in this thread.

Hey that's a real milestone! I really struggled to get through Don Quixote and finally did it through an accountability group on Goodreads. I'm 1/2 way through pilgrim's progess which is a much easier read! Way to go!