Menu

I need a moderator IRL

hornblower

I need a moderator to come & shut down contentious topics in my house. 

You know, the topics that you & spouse have talked about before & they're "big hot button issues" (I don't want to say what it was but it's on the scale of capital punishment type topic) but you don't agree on them & really, you should know better than to bring it up ....

There was a related current events story that was unfolding & the words spilled out of my mouth & ....... ugh. Why did I need to stir that pot?

I really need a moratorium on certain topics. My dd (who is even more passionate about this topic/cause) also got involved and quite upset with dh and it was definitely not how I wanted any of us to spend 1.5h before bed on a Sunday.

Ds is the only smart one. He left the room at first sign, put on his headphones & gamed & refused to come out until it had drawn to a bloody stalemate & stiff politeness.

Maybe someone could just stand around my house with a roll of duct tape. First warning (stern raised eyebrow). Second warning (hand up in universal stop signal). Then just duct tape everyone's mouths for several hours.

Yesterday I had to call a woman from church to apologize for something thoughtless I said. I didn't realize it till I got home and started making lunch. She was gracious and forgiving. I told her I need to wear super glue lip gloss. 

I'd like a moderator IRL too. 

Superglue lipgloss sounds good. Where do you get it?