Menu

What should I do with my quilt squares?

EmilyGF

23 members have voted

1. 1. What should I do with my red and white quilt squares?

• Tree skirt
    • 4x6 throw quilt
    • Something else

I started a block of the month quilting class in 2012. I've made 26 squares. I'm really proud of the work I've done.

But what do I do with them? I don't have enough for matching quilts for my daughters who share a room. I don't want to commit to a second twin quilt, either.

I planned to make a tree skirt quilt, but then my 6-year-old started begging me to make a "normal" quilt (throw quilt). I've already got two rows of 4 squares connected, making one length stuck around 52". I want to finish the top tonight. I could keep going, leaving a place for the tree. Or, I could make a normal quilt. 

What should I do?

(Thanks for the help on this goofy question.)

Emily

ETA: 6-year-old daughter

I voted for a throw. Your dd asked for you to make it, and it can be packed away in the Christmas decorations and brought out each year. Use it to snuggle under while you watch holiday movies.  When dd grows up, she'll have fabulous memories of this quilt. I think it would mean more to her than a tree skirt quilt.