Menu

This Woman is Stunning and Amazing

goldberry

I get it -  I was always the tallest person in my class until about 11th or 12th grade.  No one wants to date the tall girl.     Nothing ever fit me right.  Back then it was very hard/impossible to find clothes for tall girls.  I wore men's jeans for years until Lane Bryant and JC Penney's started carrying tall pants.  There are more tall people these days and more and more fashion lines cater to them...but it wasn't always that way.  And even now long-sleeves don't fit right.  They usually come up above my wrists.   It definitely messes with your self-esteem.   I can't imagine how much harder it was for her given her career of choice.   She's very beautiful.  I hope I can look half that good when I'm 62.  I wish my gray hair looked like that too.  It makes me look tired and washed out.  She looks stunning. 

That's really awesome. What an amazing woman.

I was lucky enough to be born in an era where being tall isn't such a problem for girls. My mom, who was taller than me, wanted to be shorter so badly as a child and young woman. Being taller than her 6th grade male teacher (she was already 5'10" at age 12) made her a target for ridicule and even physical bullying as beating up the biggest kid in the class was a great way to prove you were tough. It contributed to her dropping out of school and actually startif smoking because she took "cigarettes will stunt your growth" to mean she might shrink! If she were still alive she would be 60 this year. She was 6 feet tall in her stocking feet.

Yeah, I was the tall one too.... I always say 5'10 but really about 1/8 of an inch from 5'11!   Katie, I grew early like your mom.  Not quite as bad though, I think I was about 5'8 at 12. 

I was just in awe looking at this beautiful woman, yet who went through all the same insecurities and feelings as so many women.  I tried to explain to DD one time, it doesn't matter what you look like, there are physically perfect women out there who still feel afraid and insecure.  You can't keep saying if I looked like this, or looked like that, then I would feel ok.  You have to feel ok first.  It's something you decide, not something that comes from the outside.  But wow, that's hard to get at 15... 

This woman is very beautiful on the outside. She looks a lot younger and way better than most women her age. Maybe that's why she can strip down to her underwear and cry about these things on camera. I think it would be a lot harder for many women her age who are not as lucky in the appearance department. She has chosen to work in industries that focus on the outer appearance and seems to have surrounded herself with superficial people. We live in a very egocentric society and most women have body image issues at some point, often severe. I think we can be happier if we learn to look beyond ourselves. This woman seems to have found happiness through spiritual healing.