Menu

Curious nine year old and electricity

Jennifer132

My nine year old son was just now in quiet time. Usually he'll read or play legos. Today he saw his lamp cord was partially hanging out of the socket, took his camera cord (not plugged into the camera) and touched the metal of his camera cord to the prong on the outlet. He was not shocked, but saw a huge flash of light and the electricity is out in his room and the adjoining room now. He came running down panicked and with tears in his eyes. I did not really scold him, as I know he was only curious (and should have known better). But how serious could this have been? I do think he learned his lesson not to be messing with electricity without supervision.

:grouphug:  Sounds like he maybe learned not to mess with electricity. It's serious enough that he could have gotten very hurt by being shocked or burned or could have caught the house on fire. I hope that you're going to have an electrician in to fix it. I'm betting that they may have to put some new wiring in. Scary!!