Menu

Saxon Math Manipulatives; Specifically Linking Cubes

I purchased the Saxon Math Manipulatives and I'm kind of frustrated with the linking cubes. DS gets frustrated trying to connect them and I think that they're really tough, too! Did anyone else buy and think this? (It would make me feel better!) Do they get better after some use? I'm contemplating switching them out with Legos, but I hate to do that since I spent money on them! (And they're just a small part of an otherwise fine kit.)

We've had ours for 3 years and we hate them. They never got easier and even I had trouble snapping them together and taking them apart. I went to a teacher supply shop and bought my dd unifix cubes which she likes much better. I think legos would work just fine we've never had a problem needing so many colors that legos wouldn't work, I just never though of that.

We've had ours for 3 years and we hate them. They never got easier and even I had trouble snapping them together and taking them apart. I went to a teacher supply shop and bought my dd unifix cubes which she likes much better. I think legos would work just fine we've never had a problem needing so many colors that legos wouldn't work, I just never though of that.

Great idea! My kids have learned that using these cubes is not just about working out the brain. They also have to work out their upper body as well. :D (read we dislike them very much but still use them)

Great idea! My kids have learned that using these cubes is not just about working out the brain. They also have to work out their upper body as well. :D (read we dislike them very much but still use them)

LOL. That's funny. (and true!)

Thanks gals for making me feel better and not like such a wimp!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

They work fine now... but, I seem to recall having a hard time with them at the beginning. I think my kids have played with them so much that they've lost some of their strength.

We do have some other kind that someone gave us, but they super flimsy and I have difficulty keeping them together.:001_huh:

I purchased the Saxon Math Manipulatives and I'm kind of frustrated with the linking cubes. DS gets frustrated trying to connect them and I think that they're really tough, too! Did anyone else buy and think this? (It would make me feel better!) Do they get better after some use? I'm contemplating switching them out with Legos, but I hate to do that since I spent money on them! (And they're just a small part of an otherwise fine kit.)

I am a fan of Saxon Math, but the linking cubes could use some revision.

We use Legos as well, or I find some other way to discuss subjects involving linking cubes.

:iagree: