Menu

Where Can I Buy a Tea Set?

BlsdMama

I love these. But you might also want to look in 'antique' shops. I always see loads of tea sets at very reasonable prices -- many people have been given or bought sets they never use and then sell them. Silverplate teaspoons go for almost nothing too.

Complete sets are nice, but sets of different, but related patterns, such as cups with roses, can be extremely attractive too and the start of a collection.

Have you checked Goodwill? They always have china and teapots that are amazingly cheap. You could probably find a matching tea service without looking too hard.

Also, Homegoods, Tuesday Morning, and Ikea will have things too. You'll want a kettle (electric or stovetop), ceramic teapot, sugar bowl, creamer, cups, saucers, and spoons. A French press actually works as a pot for loose tea if you wanna go that route. Trader Joes has a decent tea selection if she wants to try different bagged teas without taking out a loan.

My Mom got DD a lovely tea set at the antiques market.  It was a beautiful porcelain pot and two or three (can't remember now) tea cups.  The patterns didn't match, but they were all lovely florals. I think she paid $15 in total for everything.

If you guys are crafty, you could make a tea cozy together too.

If you have Ikea, they probably sell a good reasonably priced tea set.

World Market may as well.

LOL, well, and that IS the problem.  I can find a set....  Just not something for $50 and under, which is my limit for birthdays.  Once upon a time I bought Miss Liz a gorgeous miniature tea set.  It was an $80 set and she has about THREE pieces that are unbroken because they used them and used them and used them and I'll be honest, I don't sit down to their tea parties 3-4 times a week.  Once in a while?  Sure.  But if you don't carefully supervise small children (5-12) with delicate tea sets you soon have broken ones. 

And spending a lot on a tea set I know will be broken isn't going to happen.

So we HAVE a tea pot - a good one.

They all have cups, various.  (We pick them up when we go garage saling and they have a shelf they keep them displayed.)

So I think what she wants is something to make their tea a little more... formal?   Official?

I'm thinking of just getting a glass tea pot for flowering teas:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IJBQMIQ/ref=s9_simh_gw_p79_d0_i3?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0P95W6NZKM9Q65HV4DKD&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1688200382&pf_rd_i=507846

And then a tiered serving dish for petit fours.

All I can say is they'd better remember this when I'm old and gray because tea time every other day creates a lot of mess and fuss at our house! ;)