Menu

wider soccer cleats?

Farrar

Both my ds have feet that lean on the wide side. They usually don't need wide sized shoes (though, occasionally as their feet grow) but the nice shoe store lady knows which brands are wider and what to recommend. But this is year number three struggling with getting the right size for cleats. They just all seem to run so narrow and it doesn't help that the guys at Modell's and all the other sporting goods places in my 'hood seem to be shoe idiots and don't know how to properly size them.

I did find some brands online that claim to be wide for boys, but with very mixed reviews and I really don't want to have to order and guess like that. Does anyone know if any of the mainstream brands run a little less narrow so when I take them on the hunt this week to more suburban sporting goods stores I can know what to look out for?

My son has crazy feet. They are like blocks (wide and thick), and finding any kind of shoe to fit him is really hard.  So I was shocked when my husband brought home a pair of Adidas cleats that he could actually get on.  He'd gone for years without wearing cleats for soccer because we just couldn't find any.  So I'd say the Adidas suggestion was a good one.

My son has crazy feet. They are like blocks (wide and thick), and finding any kind of shoe to fit him is really hard.  So I was shocked when my husband brought home a pair of Adidas cleats that he could actually get on.  He'd gone for years without wearing cleats for soccer because we just couldn't find any.  So I'd say the Adidas suggestion was a good one.

They're the only tennis shoes that fit my feet! I love Adidas!  Some DO run very narrow, though, so make sure you try them on.  But I would check for Adidas first. 

Ds has pretty wide feet and I really don't want to have to drive 45 minutes to spend more on wide cleats at the one store I know carries them. We usually have luck with Adidas in a slightly larger size than he normally wears (1/2 a size up or so). We found one Adidas pair of cleats that worked at the cheap local shoe store this year. So, basically I guess try a couple pairs on at least before giving up on a brand.

Yep, Adidas soccer cleats for my wide foot kid. I just had to buy the 1yo a pair of shoes, and Under Armour were the only ones I could get on his feet, so I'm keeping that in mind for baseball season.

DS4 has his brother's old cleats for this season. He doesn't have wide feet, but they fit with thick socks. They'd fall off if he was wearing the all-in-one shin guards.

Thanks, guys. I've never even heard of Diadora. We've had Nike and some rip off brand, but I do seem to recall that one year we had Adidas and they were slightly better. I had springing for the more expensive lines when they're going to grow out of them so quickly and when they're never going to be serious players, but I guess I just need to try more options...

Thanks, guys. I've never even heard of Diadora. We've had Nike and some rip off brand, but I do seem to recall that one year we had Adidas and they were slightly better. I had springing for the more expensive lines when they're going to grow out of them so quickly and when they're never going to be serious players, but I guess I just need to try more options...

Often you can find last year's boot models for pretty cheap.