Menu

So, dd was dropped off yesterday at college

I am fine, I really am. Well, sort of. Geez, I love this girl and now I am thinking about all the real work she has to do at Wellesley.

I am really thankful that we could homeschool her and keep her under our wings this long. She is so ready to start flying, but has a very stong compass. We met the Dean of Admission who was thrilled at meeting dd for real. She remembered her case and her being taken off the waiting-list.

Anyways, it was a very busy day yesterday. Of course we were Early Birds, which was good since we were done with her room by 9.30 (well, sweaty, but done). My baby was with us and charmed everyone. We had planned a walk around Lake Waban, but in the end dd had to get back for dinner and we were eager to move on. I managed to keep the good bye light and airy. Not a single tear and just a kick off in her literary hiny... I know she cried when she turned around, but that's OK. We are close by and always in her heart.

that she was in a really good place, about to get a really good education, that she would find some like-minded peers (we are Muslims, a minority, but there were several other girls like her there). It was this intense feeling that now I could focus on her siblings while she would be intellectually challenged in a safe place. It was just a very strong, comforting feeling. Thank God for homeschooling, that we get to raise our kids as long as we do.

Of course, now for her, reality is starting to set in. She is meeting different kinds of people, the water tastes horrible (according to dear child), and she just wants mentor-week over so she can get "started"!! This is actually very funny coming from this social-butterfly, but of course she is now surrounded by people incl. a very different room-mate (sleeps late, likes black etc.) so she is on over-load!!!!

Anyways. Her dad will be stopping by tomorrow evening and they'll have dinner together and my girls and I will stop by for an hour Sunday morning (we'll be in her area). I guess that's the beauty of being somewhat close. I am certainly not trying to smother her, but I am encouraging her to rely on her family.

Take it easy, everyone, and enjoy the day!