Menu

Looking for a photo album that's like a scrapbook... ideas?

kbpaulie

We are fostering and need to put together a lifebook/ photo album. I am not creative nor do I have the time or interest in actually making a scrapbook.  But I'd like something more than just a photo album.  So does this exist:

* A photo album that allows you to insert various shaped pics and add captions so it looks cute w/o effort?

Thanks

We foster also, and I am lame and just use a photo album with little caption spaces to write in, so their family knows what the picture is about. Your state may have a lifebook template you can print at Staples too. Mine does, and we have to fill one out when a child moves, and the idea is that it will allow the child to know the families they have lived with and special memories and dates of things like when they started walking, first day of school, and so on. We have one for our adopted son even though we are the only family he ever lived with (came to us from the hospital), because there are no baby books out there for our situation, even the adoption books do not really fit. Maybe Google foster care life books?

PS, I love the digital books, but we sometimes only get a few days notice of a move, so printing would be hard unless you could find a same day service in your area. ;)

Creative Memories had some albums called "PicFolio" albums.  The pages are usually sewn in place with the page being a pocket.  You would just add your picture to a predecorated paper and slide it in place. Here is a link to one I found on Ebay. This one is an 8x8, but they also made 12x12 size albums.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Creative-Memories-Celebration-8-x-8-Album-ICE-PALE-BLUE-WINTER-WONDERLAND-/221538369911?pt=Scrapbooking_Albums&hash=item3394b74177

They also had scrapbooking kits that were paper and stickers complete.  You still have to have an album with pages and page protectors.

If you know of a former Creative Memories consultant she can ask thru her grapevine if there are any Pic Folio albums out there.

check your local Craigslist.

I know several former CM consultants I could put you in contact with if you would like.

Project Life is readily available in craft stores as well as Meijer. You could an album together quite quickly using a box kit.