Menu

Narrowed Latin on line choices to Potter's School or Fl. Virtual School..

Guest kacifl

Guest kacifl

We can afford Potter's School, but Florida Virtual School on-line is free. Anyone have experience with FVS? There isn't any mention of which curriculum is used. I'm close to choosing Potters....I think...

We've had an excellent experience with FLVS Latin. The teachers are readily available, helpful, enouraging and really get to know the kids during the class. My dc have been inducted into the Latin Honor Society and joined Jr. Classical League. They can also participate in the Jr. Classical League competitions and take the NLE.

However, if you have not signed up for Latin I at this point, you may have a long wait. All three of my dc waited months to get into Latin I. My oldest two didn't get in until January (they had signed up the summer before) and had to finish Latin I over the summer to be ready for Latin II in the fall. So if you want a class right now and have not yet been assigned a class with FLVS, I'd go with Potter's.

HTH,

Lisa

• 2 weeks later...