Menu

More transcript questions

If student takes a class at the university which are not used to fulfill high school graduation credits, should the classes still be referenced in the transcript? Mention that university classes are listed on a separate transcript?

Also on transcript do you include proposed classes for senior year second semester?

I know I had another question, but can't think now.

I think the first one should be a "call the college" question.  I have heard some people put them on the transcript because they were taken during the high school years, so as not to be interpreted as being taken post-high school and then being treated as a transfer student.  But they indicated on the transcript that they were not used for high school credit.  We ran into this situation at our state flagship university where any classes counted as high school classes would not be used for college credit.  In the end, we decided not to apply there and ds was able to use the college classes for both high school and college credit. 

I did put proposed classes on my transcript so that the admissions people could see where the student was headed, planned rigorous coursework vs. coasting, etc.  I simply did not put grades on those or put an indication that they were 2nd semester classes. 

If student takes a class at the university which are not used to fulfill high school graduation credits, should the classes still be referenced in the transcript? Mention that university classes are listed on a separate transcript?

We've had one class like that so far. I listed the class and the grade received on the high school transcript, but in the credit column I just put NC (no credit.)

I included them, even the ones that were not necessary to fulfill high school requirements. I labeled them exactly by the university title and course number, identified where they were being taken, and included his final grade in the course. For spring semester courses, I labeled them PL for planned in the grade column . For fall, I wrote IP for in progress.

I included all classes, even those not necessary to fulfill graduation requirements. I did not make a distinction.

Classes planned or in progress were listed with a symbol X in the grades column, with a note explaining "X denotes planned course or course in progress". In the college application, the student will be asked to list the planned coursework for both semesters of senior year.