Menu

Aww.. student Amazon Prime

Night Elf

My student account is expiring and I'll be charged the full $99/year now. I got it in 2010 and they automatically renewed it for three more years. Now, I can continue the student account if I prove I'm a student like attaching a copy of a current transcript, picture ID, tuition bill, or current acceptance letter. Oh well. It was nice to get the discount but I'm not giving up Prime. It's still worth the $99 price.

It is worth the $99 price for us but dd and ds are still students and they let us use their student status to lower the price of my Prime membership.  This is the first time they've asked for verification since the year they introduced the student membership, and at that time dd just had to have a student email account through her school to verify it. Guess they figured out that some schools don't close those accounts when students leave. Oldest dd still has both of her school email addresses- and she finished her undergrad degree 9 years ago. 

I do love Amazon Prime!