Menu

Brainpop or Brainpop Jr?

So I'm thinking that I'll finally spring for Brainpop this year for my 1st and 3rd graders and I don't want to buy both versions, but Brainpop Jr seems way too easy for my 3rd grader and Brainpop seems like it would lose my 1st grader's attention. Am I wrong? Is there some way to get more affordable access to both that I haven't discovered? The best deal I've seen so far is on HSBC and it's close to $200 for both.

Also, do you value this more than Discovery Streaming if you've had both?  Thanks!

While my son was in 1st, he enjoyed brainpop jr from school. When my son was in 2nd, he asked for brainpop as he basically watched everything in brainpop jr. I think brainpop is a little to deep for him at that time, but DH thinks we should go for deeper materials so that he can learn more and use it for longer time. Therefore, we subscribed brainpop instead of jr. He likes it and basically swallows everything even he does not fully comprehend the contents.

A years subscription of http://www.testingmom.com/ will give you access to both brainpops and much more. Search online for a code. I was about to get the entire year for $63.

My 4 year old loves both brainpops equally. There is a great deal of more information in brainpop as opposed to brainpop Jr. But he still enjoys Jr and is learning a lot.

How did you come up with the $63 price? I did a bunch of googling but could only come up with a 10% coupon which gets it to down to $107 for the year. Better than $200 but I'd rather pay $63 :)

A years subscription of http://www.testingmom.com/ will give you access to both brainpops and much more. Search online for a code. I was about to get the entire year for $63.

My 4 year old loves both brainpops equally. There is a great deal of more information in brainpop as opposed to brainpop Jr. But he still enjoys Jr and is learning a lot.

I take it back … somewhat. I see how you can sign up for the lesser Skill Building program and still get access to brain pop but my coupon still only gets me down to $75. Still a great price though for both Brainpop and Brainpop Jr.

I take it back … somewhat. I see how you can sign up for the lesser Skill Building program and still get access to brain pop but my coupon still only gets me down to $75. Still a great price though for both Brainpop and Brainpop Jr.

Try circle25 as the coupon it takes 25% off....

Now my question, can I use this for 4 kids?????

Try circle25 as the coupon it takes 25% off....

Now my question, can I use this for 4 kids?????

Thank you! I've now got it down to $62.91  :hurray:

Also, I got this in my email this morning from them:

"Many parents with more than one child are afraid to sign up for our site because they think that they have to buy one membership for each kid. But that’s not true! One membership per household gives you access to our materials for every grade and every test – as well as all of our online games and school enrichment programs, all for one low price! "

So it sounds like it can be used with multiple kids to me. I hope so, since I'm planning to use it for 2. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have brainpop and brainpop, jr. - have had both for 3+ years now.  I was also a member of testing mom for awhile - but the problem (for me) was that it was harder to access all the "extras" through testing mom - so we never did.  I like having brainpop and brainpop jr. on the ipad - which is where my children watch it most - and we couldn't do that (I don't think we could anyway) with testing mom.  the ease of the app is key for me.

Now - we have had brainpop and BP, jr. for so long that my 8 year old (visual learner) has them all memorized.  They don't seem to be adding new content very often - I think they may be focusing on their other brands (Esl and spanish) - or maybe it's a different reason.  Even so, my daughter loves the games, videos, belly up...all that stuff.  My 5 year old kinesthetic learner doesn't want to watch anything on a screen, so it's really only for my just turned 8 year old child (we got her access to both BP and BP, Jr. when she was 4 or 5 - she liked them both even back then - but I did restrict what she could watch on BP because I didn't want her watching some of the videos until she was older)...

I also had Discovery Ed streaming for a year and I found it to be a huge waste of money.  the videos were boring and pretty much everything I found we wanted to see was available for free on youtube.  I really regretted that purchase (through homeschool buyer's coop, so I couldn't return - ugh)...

So anyway, that's my experience!

You have to use the app if you go through testing mom. They just provide you with the login information. I think it changes frequently. So just keep going back to the page to get the new login information.

Edited: you have to use the app if you go to testing mom via the iPad. I have never accessed it on a computer.

I joined  testingmom for brainpop, but discovered also tales2go (you can use the app just like brainpop).

I hope they don't change the logins on us. I saved them on the apps and on the PC.

My kids actually like on the computer better as they find some of the games easier to play.

DS10 is also playing with some of the other sites: mathletics, scholastic movies, and tynker.