Menu

MFW users: question about Foster books and SOTW scheduling

KeriJ

my memories...

in RTR, the Foster book (Aug. Ceasar World) was scheduled almost completely before SOTW was even started.  Because of the differences in ancient coverage (between MFW and SOTW), RTR doesn't begin with SOTW until week 12 or 13, so you get most of that ancient rome from the Foster book.  so it wasn't an issue.  different topics.  

in EX1850,  I didn't feel like it was redundant.  It was more that each book has a different part of the picture to bring to the table.  Some days (depending on the schedule) we were reading from both.  Other days we weren't.   History was scheduled chronologically, so when chapters and topics were similar theme we read both.  Maybe on some days I skipped one or other depending on our mood and time.

I can't remember any other Foster books in mfw.

• 3 months later...

I know of this one from Beautiful Feet books. It uses all of the Foster books except the Caesar one and the Penn one.

http://bfbooks.com/E-A-and-World-History-Jr-High-Pack

And I think they have an Ancients package which includes Augustus Caesar's World (ACW).  The Foster series begins with ACW, so there wouldn't be any others prior to that.