Menu

Love it? Wall Stencils

BlsdMama

http://southernhospitalityblog.com/how-to-stencil-a-wall-a-giveaway/

I'm thinking of doing this in my entry way.  I'm pretty simplistic and I have this really neat entry way... But I can't decorate to save my life.  And, honestly, I don't want to.  I don't like STUFF on my walls.  I don't like STUFF on my floors.  I really don't like stuff..........   So I'm thinking if I can decorate with paint and keep it simple like a table and a mirror (or better a pew when I can find one that isn't 12' long and is repairable, oh and doesn't cost a fortune) then I'll be a happy girl.

The lighting in the room is gorgeous because my husband replaced the ugly door with a full glass storm door and a beautiful steel door that we keep open almost all the time.  Plus, I found a really awesome (and huge) light fixture from ReStore for $35 that I re-did in Oil Rubbed Bronze and it has a large light as well as 6 lights that go out from the center.  So the lighting (my most important feature) is really quite good here.  I'm thinking the metallic would be a great detail and then I could keep my design absolutely simple.

And, not to mention, cost efficient. ;)

Lovely! You can buy vinyl applications like that and avoid all the painting froo-fra if you'd like. Uppercase Living has patterns similar to that, for example. I've seen a similar UL pattern on a wall over a fireplace. It was stunning. The vinyl can be used on walls and floors.

Lovely! You can buy vinyl applications like that and avoid all the painting froo-fra if you'd like. Uppercase Living has patterns similar to that, for example. I've seen a similar UL pattern on a wall over a fireplace. It was stunning. The vinyl can be used on walls and floors.

Vinyl at face level to little people would never survive in this house. :D. But thank you for the suggestion!!

Vinyl at face level to little people would never survive in this house. :D. But thank you for the suggestion!!

LOL!  Hadn't thought of that.  :D Although you could send them away for the morning/day and then when they come back tell them "It's like paint!" and then they may never realize you can pick it off.  I have UL up in various places in my house and it looks like paint, not vinyl.  I do hear you, though.