Menu

I hate applying for jobs. (whine/vent)

Halftime Hope

This isn't really a JAWM, because I could use some good ideas.  But it is more of a whine/pity party because I've applied for three jobs today, and it seems so ridiculously pointless because they are low skill/dead end jobs.

I would much rather be working on my own business or something I could do on my own, without having to clock in or be at someone else's beck and call.  I'd love something that I could work really hard at and build and invest in, and be my own boss.

The problem is that I have *zero* dreams or passions any more.  (I'm bone tired and not taking care of myself adequately and probably have perimenopausal blahs.  I can't even get my body to get on with meno. for goodness sake.)

There is nothing that inspires me aside from that I am really enjoying a newfound love of opera.  But opera organizations are few and far between, I'm not a marketing/sales person, and I need to earn a decent living wage, not be on an "arts organization" shoestring.

Sorry for the whine.  I'm just bummed today.

Bummer.

I'm starting to "get my ducks in a row" because I've heard some things that suggest my school might close in August. Boss is acting funny and not talking. Not looking forward to hunting, but major car repairs left us with huge credit card bill we hope to pay off witching two months--need to keep working.

The majority of people don't, trust me.

I'm self-employed with multiple contract gigs at once and getting the work is the worst part, second only to nagging them when I don't get paid  :glare: .  I hate putting in proposals and interviewing. 

When I complain about it, DH says, "Well, then stop working."

Yes, but the bills...

The majority of people don't, trust me.

I'm self-employed with multiple contract gigs at once and getting the work is the worst part, second only to nagging them when I don't get paid  :glare: .  I hate putting in proposals and interviewing. 

When I complain about it, DH says, "Well, then stop working."

Yes, but the bills...

You have my sympathies, G.   You're the primary earner in your family, right?

You have my sympathies, G.   You're the primary earner in your family, right?

No, I'm not, but we need my income.  Working as an independent contractor works best for our family because I mostly set my own schedule and can take off in the summer.

Sometimes I think it would be easier if I just got a "real" job.

Dh is self-employed and it's not all it's cracked up to be.  The taxes, the uncertainty - it's basically why I returned to work last summer.  He is actually highly skilled with decades of experience, and great connections.  It's still very very rough.

I actually like just having to show up each day, do what I'm told, and get paid a consistent amount on a consistent basis.

After being home again for 7 years I applied for a couple of positions and ended up w/2 interviews in one day!  YIKES!! I survived, got called back and now I'm at the wait and see point.  It looks promising. I get it though.  I hate the whole process!