Menu

Whose kids have broken a bone this summer?

Gil

Can they sedate him? Just kidding.

Watch movies, play board games, read, go for a long drive. I'm guessing a kid with 3 broken bones probably doesn't sit still much, sounds like it's going to be a rough couple of weeks. I hope he's feeling better soon.

What did they break and how are they having fun anyway?

Pal has had 2 accidents that resulted in 3 broken bones within 6 days...I need him to be still for a couple of weeks, anyone got any ideas?

Oh no, Gil! That's just awful!!! Your poor little boy! :(

What happened?

Can they sedate him? Just kidding.

I wish! It would be so much easier!!! Pal broke 2 fingers on his left hand and then he turned around, leapt off of a porch rail into a tree. He climbed up just high enough to fall and break his right arm. That kid, I swear...

Watch movies, play board games, read, go for a long drive. I'm guessing a kid with 3 broken bones probably doesn't sit still much, It would be easier if he'd broken his feet/legs. sounds like it's going to be a rough couple of weeks. I hope he's feeling better soon. He didn't cry until the Doctor told him that he had to stop playing rough until it healed.

I told him to quit crying and let this be a lesson to him about being reckless. His reply?

"But, Gil, I was not being reckless--I knew I could get the branch from that angle, I just couldn't get a good grip because of the hand cast!"

Oh no, Gil! That's just awful!!! Your poor little boy! :(

What happened?

He is doing alright actually. Still as high spirited as the day he was born. He hurt his hand playing at the park and I took him in to the Urgent Clinic the next day because it was hurting him, swollen and bruised--2 broken fingers on his left hand. His biggest concern--the cast wasn't big enough to be autographed by a lot of people.

The other day he jumped off of the porch rail and leapt into a tree. He got up to the 3rd branch before he lost his grip and fell. Bam! Broken right arm. At least this time the cast is big...

Get the waterproof cast and then go swimming.

It's not worth it to try to keep him still---recumbant bike, indoor minitrampoline (or jump house), swinging......

Has he watched the Lego movies or Pokemon on Netflix? Those = hours of drooling mindless tv staring here.

Do they have waterproof hand casts? We have a fiber glass cast for the arm so we can get a water proof lining for it, but his hand is in a bulky bandage and brace thing and I'm not finding anything for the hand that is water proof.

I'm going to try and get him to consume more media from the safety of the couch. I'm thinking an indoor bike + TV might work for a bit.

Last summer my ridiculously rough and tumble nephew broke his right arm at the beginning of the summer. His had to be elevated and he was not supposed to use it.

Trying to keep him busy and calm was crazy! We bought him a set of inexpensive tools and and an old computer...and let the kid take it apart piece by piece using his left hand:)

It kept him busy, he learned a ton about computers, and can now use his left, non-dominant hand like a champ:)