Menu

Incredible way to travel cheaply -- just discovered

Alicia64

Just this a.m. I found this site -- TrustedHousesitters.com -- and I'm impressed.

The company connects people who want to travel all over the world with people who need their homes/animals cared for while they're away.

I think the company is assuming that retired professionals will do the housesitting -- forgetting entirely about homeschoolers who can travel throughout the year. Several of the housesitting opportunities that I saw allow children to be part of the deal.

I've read through the website and it looks legit.

Just wanted to share what I found.

Alley

If you go to the Fodor's boards, you can find other housesitting businesses and people who do this (if you want to ask questions). They tend to become very close to one another, almost like a family.

I don't know anything about the site you linked to, but my aunt and uncle used to housesit for someone on Bermuda for a week or so every year or two. They looked after the lady's pets but otherwise just enjoyed it as a vacation. I guess the home they stayed in was not as neat and orderly as they would have preferred, but they made do.  I was always kind of jealous!