Menu

So I have PART of CAP's writing program in hand...

AimeeM

The TM was supposed to be delivered today. It isn't here yet, though :(

I have the student book. I'm thoroughly impressed. I purchased Narrative I for my dyslexic, creative kiddo. I think we could probably work through it this summer, honestly, because she does seem a bit old for it, but it'll be nice to get into the swing of the program. I'm also trying to pace ourselves while they write more in the series, lol!

I agree! We used book 1 this year and I have books 2 & 3 on the way. I'm really impressed with this program. Book 1 was perfect for my daughter (4th grade) - she needed to work on summarizing skills/learning to pull out important details and book 1 really helped cement the process. Looking forward to seeing where they go with this series.

I read somewhere that you might just be able to use the student book as the TM was just a reprint of the student book with the answers included. But I don't know that for sure - so someone correct me if I have the wrong impression!

I picked up Book 2 at a convention last weekend.  I had a long conversation with Dr. Perrin and was impressed by his sincerity. I'm really looking forward to starting it after we finish WWE.

(I also picked up Greek Code Cracker and my DS loves it.)

I've been using them w/o the TMs.  It's fine, you just have to come up with your own dictation.  

If you did it with just the TM, you would have to have the student do all their writing in a notebook, and you'd have to use a whiteboard a fair amount and/or cover over the answers if they are reading in the book.  If I was picking just one to buy, it would be the student book.

The prices I gave were amazon. I haven't seen an eBook though.

I have decided to do WWE2 by which time ds7 will be half way through 3rd and more in the age range for Fable anyway. Will look for an eBook though. I quite like TMs on my kindle.

Mmm. Can buy the teachers edition but only rent the student. Have a while to think anyway. If I get my Amazon up high enough (150+ I think) I can get free shipping. If they sold BA internationally that would be quite easy. And that may change by next year.

Ohhh. Free global shipping only applies to Mexico and Singapore. To be fair Amazon has the cheapest rates. Though I do wish they would stop telling me my order is eligible for free shipping when it isn't.

Eta. I got the prices mixed up $50 is the converted amount not the $US amount.