Menu

went to the water park yesterday with my 8yr old dd who suddenly has a new sense of courrage

lynn

I thought we would have a relaxing day at the wave pool and lazy river, instead it was😨😲😱 yeah my almost 50 year old, mother of 4 self was not a pretty sight getting in and out of those tubes or climbing 3 flights of stairs. But dd had fun and is now very excited to try some roller coasters!

That sounds great! Good for you both! We just went to a waterpark and my DD10 did a similar thing. It's extra hard for her because without her glasses she can't see what's coming up next well. She was getting frustrated with herself for not trying some of the scarier ones but screwed up her courage on the last day. :001_wub:

The funny thing is that my hypersensory, scared of heights, anxious kid LOVES roller coasters and water slides. There's a blacklight one at Great Wolf Lodge that I swear I'd build in our backyard if could, because if I could send DD down that thing every time she gets frustrated with school, we'd have a MUCH easier time of it!