Menu

You know how some women like to go to the mall and shop, my dh goes to Home Depot...

bettyandbob

I swear the man looks for excuses to go and wander. When he goes it's like he's disappeared into a black hole for hours. He has gone there just now to get a wing nut. The wing nut is to repair a broken crutch that neighbor lent us last night. The broken crutch was already broken, neighbor pointed that out. dd didn't end needing the broken crutch because we went to the ER when her pain climbed very (bad sprain, possible stress fracture). The hospital gave us new aluminum crutches. So, I was just going to return the pair neighbor lent us, but dh decided he had to buy the wing nut to fix something we didn't break or use. 

If fixing the crutches required a visit to any other store I wouldn't be bothered. However, now that I know dh is at Home Depot I know he will not return for hours. 

Home Depot, Orchard Supply Hardware and Lowes takes us about 5mins.

Electronics stores like Fry's Electronics, the Lego store and the Apple store are our time sinkers. We are not mall shoppers though so my kids only goes to malls which has both Lego and Apple stores. They don't fancy the Microsoft stores in the mall.

Barnes & Noble is our other time sinker :)

Oh, I love to wander around Home Depot! So many things to see and so many ideas and plans pop into my head for future projects. Actually, it's the wandering and discovering of new things that gives me the knowledge that I can accomplish a lot of DIYs that I would have thought otherwise out of my wheel house.

I think of Home Depot as a x-large craft store.

ETA: And there is the garden center. Ah, the things I can do in a garden center. Sigh...