Menu

Book a Week in 2014 - BW24

Robin M

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Onceuponatime there was a mom, her daughter and a parakeet...

Great story!

Loving all the bird stories and photos.  I enjoy the birds that visit my feeders and bird bath outside my kitchen window -- the finches and sparrows, doves and towhees.  I had a hawk swoop in last week and catch one over my head just as I sat down to eat lunch on the patio.  The whole circle of life thing is great in theory but I felt a little guilty that I've been fattening the little darlings for the slaughter.  Then there's Edgar the Raven who stops by to get his fill of dry meal worms.  He takes a beak-full to the bird bath and dips them in the water to reconstitute them! I'll have to post some pictures of him later.

In the meantime,

is pretty darn adorable...

Loving all the bird stories too. (And, Onceuponatime,  :crying: :grouphug: .)

I'm just an avid backyard bird watcher.

It's one of those stories that gets resurrected often and has become  amusing in hindsight.

We are kitchen window bird watchers now. I have feeder set up outside the window and  get a large variety of visitors year round. It's something pleasant to look at when I have to wash dishes.

So, we have the color blue, Monty Python, and parrots.  We need this:

(Dead parrot skit. It's very funny, really.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=aqz_4OgMi7M

Which brings me to my sad parrot story. My dh went out to sea with the Navy and  I bought my daughter a parakeet. Its cage sat in the main living area next to the kitchen. I stayed up late one night watching an old black and white comedy. Imagine a large Wagnerian woman, with braids, helmet, and er metal disks. Now imagine a voice that shatters glass while holding a high note. Next, there is a decidedly dreadful unhuman squawk. I jump up to see the bird fall off its perch into the bird bath. It is now an ex-parakeet. I was very distressed, not being particularly fond of dead things, plus my daughter would be devastated. I called my mother in another state and wailed into the phone, "  _____'s bird is dead!" All  my mother heard was, "______ is dead!"  Funnily enough, calming my mother down was just the thing to help me feel better and deal with the defunct bird.

We bought my daughter another bird who lived a long life and blew raspberries every time he saw my husband.

Watched the youtube link with the dc's.  Very funny!  :lol: