Menu

Audible and Kindle

Night Elf

My Kindle Fire has the ability to read text aloud. Unfortunately, it doesn't sound like someone reading it aloud in a normal voice. I noticed that books have a narration option but I have to sign up with Audible first. How does Audible work on the Kindle? I'm going on vacation in a couple of weeks and I'd rather not have to buy new itunes books. How would I activate the narration to hear it? Am I just buying an audio book or is it the copy with text as well?

I believe Audible comes free with a Fire. I receive more credits than I can use. Two a month, I believe. 

I like text-to-talk. It's a little odd at first, but you get used to it. D' s HD has different voice options. You might try changing it if you can. I like switching back and forth between reading and listening.

I get audiobooks from Overdrive as well, if it's something I just want to hear once. It's available through the public library.

I get two free books a month with my Audible membership plus the discount on the normal audible books.  Text to speech isn't bad on the Kindle Fire HDX, so we use that too.  We really like Immersion Reading, though, for the quality of the audio and how it syncs up with the text.  DS loves it.  But that way is expensive.  We don't have as many of those.