Menu

Tired of my school drama yet (lol)? I'm seeing red.

AimeeM

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Well, I did think it was pretty funny that your school drama caused me to have a nightmare....please update on the last day of school so I know she was returned safely to your care.   :)

I will DEFINITELY let you know when she's safely at home, lol!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be very upset. My dds both attend a public middle school but they still ask and need my permission to do any health evaluations. I always refuse since they each have their own set of health issues and see their doctors regularly. The school has never went against my wishes and performed the evaluations anyway.

My gut feeling based on your past posts about this school is that they felt they could get away with it so they did it anyway.

I would be very upset. My dds both attend a public middle school but they still ask and need my permission to do any health evaluations. I always refuse since they each have their own set of health issues and see their doctors regularly. The school has never went against my wishes and performed the evaluations anyway.

My gut feeling based on your past posts about this school is that they felt they could get away with it so they did it anyway.

What's making me feel slightly sick about it all is that I have a gut feeling the headmaster is having the admin take more of the heat than she deserves, because he knows he's already on Tony's "bad side", but that this particular admin we're fond of. A previous poster I believe mentioned it and when I think about it... well, yeah.

I can see this school suddenly going under when about two more families bail sometime in the next couple of years. It would be kind of you to write the great teachers letters of thanks to have ready with their resumes.

http://www.greatschools.org/ is a review site for schools.

Do consider sending a letter to the accrediting agency next week, with very gentle wording but all the details of what has gone on. They may dismiss you as one disgruntled family, but there may be others who have not shared with you yet... and it is bad for the accrediting agency for a school with their stamp of approval to have this kind of nonsense unchecked. (And IDK what kind of accrediting folks would be okay with a board composition like that??)

Also consider giving your contact info to the good teachers and telling them you would be happy to write letters of recommendation if the school does ever go under (small size schools are at risk of this).

When we pulled our kids from private school there were many other families pulling out at the same time. The school administration decided it was the fault of certain teachers (really great teachers) and refused to renew those teachers' contracts after the end if the school year. Another teacher quit as a result of those firings. I wrote all 3 open letters of recommendation to show to anyone in their job hunts and put the letters in their hands in person before the end of the school year.

Also consider giving your contact info to the good teachers and telling them you would be happy to write letters of recommendation if the school does ever go under (small size schools are at risk of this).

When we pulled our kids from private school there were many other families pulling out at the same time. The school administration decided it was the fault of certain teachers (really great teachers) and refused to renew those teachers' contracts after the end if the school year. Another teacher quit as a result of those firings. I wrote all 3 open letters of recommendation to show to anyone in their job hunts and put the letters in their hands in person before the end of the school year.

Will do.

The good teachers are REALLY, REALLY great - like the kind of teachers that made my sick-of-this-school daughter determined to finish out the year, because she is having a very difficult time leaving them :(