Menu

Reading eggs sale

Rachel

I signed up for the free Reading Eggs trial that someone posted a couple weeks ago, my 4 year old is really enjoying it.  I got an email this week that there is a sale through Memorial Day for $41.40 for the year.  Is that a good deal?  How often does it go on sale?  

Off topic but....Have you seen Teach Your Monster To Read? It is a free website that seemed similar to reading eggs. It doesn't have all the extras but it's nice for a free program.

I had not seen that, thanks!  I'll check it out.  I've tried Starfall but it doesn't seem as systematic and my daughter needs help navigating the website. She can do Reading Eggs on her own for the most part.

I have a question: I have taught phonics the classical way, teaching all 71 phonograms.  I have been looking for an online program that supports that method, instead of the short/long/blending one.  

Would reading eggs work for us?  Thank you. 

Reading eggs does have a lot of sight words, it does teach some phonograms as well but I would say it leans more towards a sight word method than a truly phonetic method, though it isn't 100% sight word based. Generally the only 100% phonetic program I have seen is Read Write type (at the talking fingers website) which is a typing program that teaches phonograms.

I have a question: I have taught phonics the classical way, teaching all 71 phonograms.  I have been looking for an online program that supports that method, instead of the short/long/blending one.  

Would reading eggs work for us?  Thank you. 

I'm not sure, my daughter is still learning her letter sounds, which it is working well for.  You can get a free trial to try it out.  The website is readingeggs.com